THE “WHAT NOW?” IS THE MOST COMMON REMARK OR QUESTION I HEAR NOW THAT CONVENTIONS ARE OVER
This edition is a little late, so I’ll try to catch up. I was waiting until the two conventions were over to see what the walkaways were. A couple of big ones come to mind:
The GOP convention stars were the Trump family. Don, Jr. was terrific; Eric and Ivanka were predictably good, mature and had solid messages. Even the youngest of the ones at the podium—Tiffany, at age 22—acquitted herself very well. The liberal media made a “ tempest in a teapot” about two minute lines in Melania’s excellent and personable speech. Biden and Obama have done far worse, but the Dems and Mainstream Liberal Media (MLM) simply ignore Democrat transgressions. Really MLM, is that all you could find to criticize? She speaks more languages, better than nearly all American citizens and made this speech in what was not her “native language.” Try that sometime.
Mike Pence was surprisingly strong, yet down to earth. Donald went on too long, but then he always does. The supporting cast was surprising because there were fewer “wow” celebrities than expected, and the GOP didn’t notice that everyone stopped watching listening and even left the convention hall. Shut things down after the lead speaker is done. Giving favors of a spot on the convention agenda is no favor is the audience is gone. One of the best visuals was Reince Preibus and Baron Trump hitting beach balls off the stage and back into the crowd. Rudy was strident but right on. Newt was his usual acerbic and intelligent self. Both will be assets if Trump will stop talking and listen to them. Trump has a history of hiring strong people—that will be tested in the next 4 months …and afterward should he win.
I CONFESS—I BARELY WATCHED THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION
I knew what they were going to say, the distortions and self-serving statements in support of a failed president and a horribly flawed candidate. Tim Kaine is as good as any other career pol for her VP spot. There were dozens like him she might have chosen. He’s better than Hillary, although the faint odor of corruption wafts by when his background is considered. The Dems had the blue chip speakers: Michelle Obama is always good. (Don’t be surprised if she’s a candidate someday. She’s really young and has a lot of zeal.) Biden is a good campaign speaker who never lets the facts get in the way of what he wants to say or claim as true. He fits the party mold perfectly, since Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have only a distant involvement with the truth. (Both are serial liars.)
It’s pretty easy to predict the Dem’s pitches: give freebies to the dependent classes (minorities, especially) to continue buying their votes. Protect the downtrodden and newly disadvantaged (LGBT…etc.). Shore up giveaways to the young who seem to be so naive that they don’t understand there is “ ever a free lunch”—someone has to pay for it—and sooner or later, it will be them. Here’s is an article citing the “Prevaricator-in-Chief” and his incredible statement: There has never been a man or a woman more qualified than Hillary Clinton to serve as president of the United States of America.” REALLY? REALLY?
MOVING TO THE DEMS POLICY AND PLATFORM CONTENT
A single phrase sums it up. More of the same as Obama’s socialist plans for as long as Americans will stand it and pay for it (taxes, debt, interest, slow or no growth in the economy, declining standard of living, etc., etc.) Now the Bernie Sanders (unruly, outspoken) forces have pushed Hillary and the party even further left, liberal and socialist. Don’t believe the “progressive” crap. That’s just a nice name for liberal socialism. You can read the details everywhere, but nothing is really much different than the past 7-1/2 years of Obama
-malaise. Right after the Dems convention ended, the most recent Quarter of GDP growth was reported—an impressive 1.2%—wow. DO YOU WANT MORE OF THAT?
HERE’S A LINE I WILL REPEAT AD INFINITUM: A vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Hillary and another 4-8 years of decline, divisiveness and misery.
IS THIS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, THEN VOTE FOR TRUMP BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP HER!
EITHER CLINTON CAMPAIGN, OR THE MAINSTREAM LIBERAL MEDIA (MLM,) INVENTS THEIR VERSION OF WHAT TRUMP SAID, INVENTS WHAT (THEY CLAIM) HE “MEANT”
And then crucifies him for their own inventions. A wise person once warned me: Do NOT assume people’s intentions. You simply cannot know with certainty what they intended or meant—even when using their own words. Lawyers do this all the time in depositions, when they ask questions prefaced by “would you say that….” and then fill in what they want you to say, so it will be in the record. The only wise answer to that question is “NO, I didn’t.” Then don’t elaborate. That’s exactly what they are trying to get you to do—say something they can use against you. If the next question is “what would you say?” “NOTHING."
AFRAID OF WHAT TRUMP WILL DO? DON’T BELIEVE THE MLM—LISTEN CAREFULLY TO HIS ACTUAL WORDS AND THE CONTEXT (sarcasm).
An example of what the MLM has become in recent years was a throwaway comment Trump made when he said: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” … “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”
If you want to read some of the MLM frenzy, here are a few links:
AMERICA IS IN TROUBLE—TRUMP’S SO-CALLED “NEGATIVE OR DARK” SPEECH WAS MOSTLY RIGHT
When Donald Trump goes on for over an hour, a lot of the valuable content is lost amidst a blizzard of words. That’s why I disassembled the text of Trump’s speech and made a list of what he said needed to be done/he intended to do. (Yes, I know, he never says how he will do them exactly. That’s what every presidential candidate does! Obama got elected in 2008 in a blizzard of moderate promises that were never what he intended or did.)
Points in Trump’s Acceptance Speech—What he wants to accomplish:
(NOTE: Phrases are as close to verbatim as possible, and still read correctly.)
- Best intelligence gathering operation in the world
- Abandon failed policy of nation-state building/regime change
- Work with allies who share goal of destroying ISIS & stamping out Islamic terror
- Suspend immigration from any nation compromised by terrorism until proven vetting
- Build a great border wall to stop illegal immigration, gangs, violence and drugs
- End “catch and release" on the border
- Enforce the rules for millions who overstay visas
- New, fair trade policy
- Stand up to countries who cheat
- Turn bad trade agreements into great ones
- No longer enter massive [trade] deals that no one reads or understands
- Enforce trade violations
- Stop China’s…
- Outrageous [cyber] theft of intellectual property
- Illegal dumping
- Devastating currency manipulation
- Reform our tax laws, regulations and energy rules
- Relief for middle-income Americans and simplified taxes
- Deal with the issue of excessive regulation, to end it
- Lift restrictions on production of American energy
- Use energy proceeds to build new roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports and railways of tomorrow
- Rescue kids from failing schools, improve [expand] school choice
- Repeal and replace Obamacare
- Fix TSA at airports
- Rebuild depleted military
- Take care of veterans’ [medical care] like never before
- Ask Dept. heads to provide list of wasteful spending to eliminate in first 100 days
- Appoint Justices to SCOTUS who will uphold, laws and our Constitution
DO YOU AGREE WITH THOSE GOALS? MOST OF THEM AT LEAST? I DO! AMERICA NEEDS A REVOLUTION!
Government has grown too big, too powerful, too expensive, too oppressive and too self-centered. It no longer serves the people it was intended to serve—Americans.
THE UNBELIEVABLE OHIO SENATORIAL RACE
The race between Rob Portman, the incumbent and challenger Ted Strickland, the failed one-term governor is essentially a dead heat. Why? One can only guess the Strickland’s gubernatorial flaws and losing campaign against John Kasich was so well publicized that he has an edge in name recognition. Portman is the prototype for a good senator: Experience in the House as a Rep. as the U. S. Trade Representative (top ranking international trade position), The US Budget Director, and now an experienced and widely respected Senator. in Portman’s 5+ years as a Senator, half of which was with the Harry Reid gridlock on the Senate, Rob has still originated or co-sponsored dozens of bills which were actually passed and signed into law. Who knew that? Certainly not very many Ohioans, if they prefer the inept and incompetent Strickland. (Strickland’s backing is almost all from outside OH, left-leaning Democratic money—no surprise.)
The equation is simple: ROB PORTMAN=GOOD, TED STRICKLAND=BAD….end of story.
FROM CONGRESSMAN STEVE STIVERS
Earlier this year, we reached a dubious milestone in American history -- our national debt topped $19 trillion dollars. That means to pay it off today, each and every taxpayer would be on the hook for more than $161,000. We need a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution to restrict the federal government from spending more than it takes in. It will rein in out-of-control spending in Washington and force government to live within its means, just like Ohio families do.
IS THIS WHO YOU WANT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? —PART I
CLINTON: CARELESS AND CORRUPT—CANDIDATE STILL FAVORED BY MANY OF AMERICA’S MISGUIDED OR MISINFORMED (OR TOTALLY UNIFORMED/IGNORANT)
This came from a friend who is a former FBI agent. His explanation is the most plausible I’ve heard for my Director Comey did what he did.
“… you and I both know that Lynch would have declined to prosecute HRC based upon the exact same reasons that Comey stated on Tuesday. The difference would have been, she would not have outlined everything that HRC did in a 15 minute gut spilling statement like Comey did on Tuesday.
Not only was the announcement of the FBI's recommendation unprecedented, so was the detailed presentation of everything HRC did. I believe that he did that so that the American public would be able to compare what she did to what she told the American public she did -- prior to pulling the lever in November. Trump was provided with a great deal of campaign fodder and I am sure he will make good use of it.
If Comey had recommended prosecution, he could not have laid the case open like he did because it would have poisoned any jury prior to trial. He would have simply said in a very short statement, "We have submitted the case to the DOJ for prosecution." Lynch would never have given us all the information that he did. She would have simply said "We are not going to prosecute because the facts do not warrant prosecution," and it would have taken years for the public to get all the facts of the case through FOIA requests, etc. In fact, the information would have been redacted so much that we probably would never have known.
I suspect HRC is furious that Comey let all the cats out of the bag. I also believe that if the Bureau had been able to determine that her account was hacked - especially by our enemies - that there would have been a different outcome. Basically, it was no discovered harm, no criminal foul. If she were still employed, the State Department would have been forced to take disciplinary action.”
Comey also tipped off the House members in his followup questioning that the FBI had never questioned Hillary about whether she lied (about her emails, etc.I during the Benghazi investigation testimony to Congress. That was under to and that would be perjury. When asked why they hadn’t questioner her on that, Comey calmly told them that Congress had not referred that testimony to the FBI for investigation. You better believe they did ASAP—the very next day.
IS THIS WHO YOU WANT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? —PART II
FROM THE WEEK.COM 6/24/2016
Clinton’s long trail of corruption
BY Peter Wehner CommentaryMagazine.com
I could never vote for the dangerous demagogue Donald Trump, said Peter Wehner, but let’s face it: Hillary Clinton is “an ethical disaster.” It’s not just the email scandal, though we now know that “virtually everything Clinton has said about her private email server was a lie.” Liberal law professor Jonathan Turley has dug up a new damning story: Laureate International Universities, a for-profit school, paid Bill Clinton an obscene $16.5 million from 2010 to 2014 to be its “honorary chancellor”—a time when Hillary’s State Department funneled $55 million in grants to groups linked to Laureate’s CEO, who also is a donor to the Clinton Foundation. That’s what you call a circle of corruption.
In another embarrassing report, ABC News revealed last week that then–Secretary Clinton’s top aide appointed Rajiv Fernando, a Chicago high-speed securities trader, to a top-secret intelligence advisory board on nuclear security in 2011, even though he had no background in the field. Why? He was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation and Clinton campaigns. Dating back to Arkansas, “the Clintons have habitually used their political power to inappropriately enrich themselves,” and “to get around the rules that others are expected to live by.”
THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT AMERICA? I DID—BUT I HAD TO CHECK MYSELF ON A FEW OF THESE—ESPECIALLY DATES
This simple test is one that most American youth should know, but couldn’t pass. Neither could most American voters.
I wonder how many High School teachers could pass it—including those who teach American History?
America—1776-2016—How Well Do You Know It?
(NO GOOGLE USAGE!)
1) Who were the Founding Fathers?
2) What was the Revolutionary War fought about? And when?
3) What two documents were essential in the USA creation?
4) What are the three branches of the US Federal Government?
5) What are the two Houses of Congress, and how many members are in each, from where?
6) Who fought in the Civil War, about what, and when? Who was president then & who “won" that war?
7) Who fought in WW-II about what, when, and who “won?"
8) What was the Cold War? Who was fighting it, over what? Who “won?” When was that?
9) Who are: Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, Moammar Gadhafi, Bashar el-Assad & Hafez el-Assad?
10) Who were the last three Presidents? Who is the current Vice President? Who is the Speaker of the House now, and who preceded him?
11) Who are JFK, RFK and MLK? What do they have in common?
12) What is the Electoral College and what does it do?
1) George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, John Adams, James Madison, James Monroe & Benjamin Franklin.
2) America’s freedom from England, 1775-1783
3) The Declaration of Independence (1776) and the Constitution (1788)
4) Legislative (Congress: makes laws), Executive (President: executes laws), and Judicial (Supreme Court: decides if legal per the Constitution)
5) The House-435 members proportional to population of states, Senate-100 members 2/state
6) North (states) vs. South (Confederate), rights & slavery, 1861-1865, Abe Lincoln, North won, slavery was abolished
7) Great Britain/USA vs. Germany & then Japan (desperation, mostly-Russia flipped/both sides), Democracy vs. Nazism (Fascism) Dictatorship, GB, Euro/US, NA won. 1940’s (A-bomb Hiroshima, Japan)
8) Mostly USA vs. USSR, Democracy/Capitalism vs. Communism, USA, 1970 & 1980’s
9) All dictators of varying kinds: Communist, Fascist, or Radical Islamic.
10) Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama; Joe Biden; Paul Ryan preceded by John Boehner, preceded by Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the house is third in line of presidential succession.)
11) John Kennedy, his brother Robert Kennedy and Rev. Martin Luther King—all three were highly regarded American leaders. All three were assassinated. King was most highly revered black leader.
12) It elects the president. 538 “electors” chosen on votes cast and who wins by state. The number of electors equals the number of members in a state’s Congressional delegation (House Reps., + 2 Senators). Electors cast their votes to elect the president. 270 electoral votes wins.
A FEW FINAL TIDBITS ON HOW YOUR WORLD IS CHANGING
$1.2 billion was loaded onto Starbucks cards and its mobile app during the 1Q of 2016. That’s more than a lot of mid-size financial institutions’ deposits.
Instagram now reaches 500 million people each month and users share 95 million photos EACH DAY! 80% of Instagram users live outside the USA.
Facebook is now the favorite of the over 40 crowd. The younger folks have moved on to Instagram and Snapchat. Twitter is still broadly popular.
GETTING OUT THE VOTE IS CRITICAL TO KEEPING HILLARY CLINTON OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE
Democrats have perfected the ability to get out the vote of the uninformed, often (nearly) illiterate, and easily-influenced welfare minorities. They have also managed to sell many of the naive American youth on the fact that Socialism (presented under the guise of “progressive-ism”) is a viable system of government (Bernie Sanders pitch). Because they have been raised without the real world influences of “competing,” “winning/losing” and being responsible for themselves and their actions—they think government should “take care of them.” That’s a perfect lead-in to Obama’s “Nanny-state” form of welfare state. Government knows best, and it will take care of those who are unable or unwilling to take care of themselves. Hillary’s plan is to keep it going and growing.
LAST: THE SORE LOSERS HURTING AMERICA
I’m disappointed in OH Governor John Kasich. I expected better of him than to stand on “his principles” even if it means handing the White House to Hillary Clinton. I thought he was more of a pragmatic realist than that. (I’m disgusted with the Bush family too…but not surprised…after Jeb’s failure.)
It’s very simple. Whether you are a fan or Trump’s or not, any vote that is not for Donald Trump is in essence a vote FOR “Crooked” Hillary Clinton.
DO NOT LET THE MAINSTREAM LIBERAL MEDIA’S DISTORTION OF TRUMP MISLEAD YOU.
In virtually every imaginable situation, I’m willing to trust what a President Trump will do over what a President Hillary Clinton would do. Think about it. He may be unpredictable. She is predictable—she’s an untrustworthy liar! She will continue Barack Obama’s destruction of the United States of America—by loading the Supreme Court with activist liberal justices.
IN CASE YOU WONDERED HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT ALL…