ELECTION DAY IS TUESDAY--BE SURE TO VOTE
John Kasich & Mary Taylor--Kasich has done a great job as governor and Ohio will greatly benefit from another 4 years of his leadership.
Others who have done great jobs since ring elected four years ago are:
Auditor Dave Yost
Secretary of State Jon Husted
Attorney General Mike DeWine
The incumbents running for Judge positions also deserve reelection for their fine work!
On the national level, Columbus and Ohio are lucky to have excellent Congressional representation by Pat Tiberi and Steve Stivers. While they are favored to win, they need every vote we can get out for them, to solidify their position and support.
Election Day is TUESDAY!
The GAI report also included a breakdown of Obama’s PDB attendance record between terms; he attended 42.4% of his PDBs in his first term and 41.3% in his second.
The GAI’s alarming findings come on the heels of Obama’s 60 Minutes comments on Sunday, wherein the president laid the blame for the Islamic State’s (ISIS) rapid rise squarely at the feet of his Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.
“I think our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that I think they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” said Obama.
According to Daily Beast reporter Eli Lake, members of the Defense establishment were “flabbergasted” by Obama’s attempt to shift blame.
“Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,” a former senior Pentagon official “who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq” told the Daily Beast.
On Monday, others in the intelligence community similarly blasted Obama and said he’s shown longstanding disinterest in receiving live, in-person PDBs that allow the Commander-in-Chief the chance for critical followup, feedback, questions, and the challenging of flawed intelligence assumptions.
“It's pretty well-known that the president hasn’t taken in-person intelligence briefings with any regularity since the early days of 2009,” an Obama national security staffer told the Daily Mail on Monday. “He gets them in writing.”
The Obama security staffer said the president’s PDBs have contained detailed threat warnings about the Islamic State dating back to before the 2012 presidential election.
The Democrats have been filing one lawsuit after another to block voter ID laws that have been passed by numerous states. Even U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has used the full power of the Justice Department to protect his boss’s plans to steal re-election by legally challenging any voter law that would stop voter fraud.But has anyone ever taken a close look at the whole issue of voter ID and what other things in life already require an ID?
- DMV – You are required to have some form of identification to obtain a driver’s license in most states.
- Airports – Try boarding a commercial flight these days without a photo ID.
- Hospitals – Most hospitals require some form of ID for any out-patient or in-patient procedure. The last time I ended up at the emergency room, they were still asking me for my ID.
- Pharmacy – We have to show our driver’s license just to purchase over-the-counter sinus medication like Co-Advil, let alone a prescription.
- Blood Donation – Everyone I know that has donated blood has had to present their ID before being accepted.
- Banks – Many banks require some form of ID to carry out any transaction except perhaps making a deposit.
- Writing a Check – Most stores want a driver’s license or some other photo ID in order to cash a check or even pay for a purchase with a check.
- Using Credit Cards – I have been in some stores that have asked to see a driver’s license or some other form of ID before they would accept my credit card.
- Gun Shop – Right! Try buying a gun or ammunition without a driver’s license or any other form of ID.
- Social Security Office – They require ID to verify who you are before they will even entertain paying you any benefits. To obtain SSI Disability requires ID plus a ton of documentation, yet many poor and minority people manage to obtain SSI Disability coverage.
- Pawn Shop – Laws have tightened up so much on pawn shops to prevent them from purchasing stole property that pawn shops require a form of ID, preferably a photo.
- Jail – Most cities, counties, and states require some form of ID before they book someone into jail.
- Courts – Most courts require an ID in order for you conduct any form of business with them.
- Unemployment – Most unemployment offices require an ID before paying benefits.
- Public Schools – Many schools require any non-student to present an ID at the office before being allowed to visit the school for any reason. I use to be a meter reader for an electric company and always had to go to the office first and show my ID before being allowed to OUR electric boxes.
- Adoption Agency – It is almost impossible to adopt a child without an ID and a stack of other information.
- Parole & Probation – Most people placed on parole or probation are required to have an ID when they check in with their court appointed handlers.
- Auto Insurance – You are required to have an ID in order to obtain auto insurance.
- Traffic Stop – In most states you are required to present your driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration if you are pulled for by a police officer.
- Passport – You have to produce an original birth certificate and photo in order to obtain a U.S. passport. (Makes you wonder how Barack Obama obtained a valid passport.)
- Post Office – I’ve had to show a photo ID to pick up packages at the Post Office.
The list probably goes on for page after page, but I hope you get the idea. However the Democrats say that requiring an ID for voting is unconstitutional and discriminating. The ironic part of this is that most unions are Democratic supporters and they require an ID for all union voting, but they are against requiring an ID to vote in local, state and federal elections.If requiring an ID to vote is discriminatory and unconstitutional, they why is it legal to require an ID for all of these other things in life?Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/7374/why-is-photo-id-required-for-everything-except-to-vote/#fP0fGYyjv5WXwAX7.99
If you haven’t been tracking the news closely, growth in the US for the 3Q was 3.5%, but you might not realize that four of the largest and most iconic American companies have stalled with multiple quarters of flat revenues. That’s right. Walmart, IBM, McDonald’s, and Coke have stopped growing! Depending on the company, the flat sales have endured for well over a year, in fact, up to ten quarters in a row for IBM. An exhaustive search of other large and well-known companies would extend this list to about 1/3 of the Fortune 500!
P & G, an American icon, grew at a puny 1%. It is preparing to divest 100 brands from ititss company, leaving the 75-80 strongest. While this is a great idea for P & G, it is another warning. Lack of revenue growth bad for the companies’ shareholders, many of which are pension funds. It’s bad for America. Moreover, it signals a sea change in the issue of whether “bigger is better.”
Being big is not all it’s cracked up to be. For huge companies like Walmart or McDonald's to show significant growth means their must quarterly sales gains that are as large as smaller competitors entire annual revenues. Those sales have to come from somewhere, and consumers are still anxious, cautious and downright concerned.
The average income of American households has plummeted in the past 6 years. (see chart below) It is inevitable that when incomes drop, and people are worried, they spend less. The largest companies suffer. Add to that the woes of a recession in Europe, and slowing growth in China, and the problem rapidly becomes a global one.