- JOB CREATION--LOWER REGULATIONS; FOCUS JOB TRAINING & EDUCATION TO PUT PEOPLE TO WORK
- IMMIGRATION--A MEASURED APPROACH, "EARNED AMNESTY," A SECURE, REGISTERED IDENTIFICATION CARD
- TAX REFORM--SIMPLIFY, CLOSE SPECIAL-INTEREST LOOPHOLES, LOWER RATES, ESPECIALLY ON CAPITAL GAINS
- FOREIGN POLICY--REGAIN US RESPECT IN THE WORLD; THWART TERRORIST/ROGUE COUNTRIES
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (IN SPENDING)--IF NEED TO UNEXPECTEDLY SPEND MORE, CUT SOMEWHERE ELSE
- CHANGE WELFARE TO WORKFARE--IN FACT, NOT IN TALK—NO CHECK WITHOUT DOING "SOMETHING" FOR IT
- ENTITLEMENTS--CHIP AWAY AT THEM, START WITH FRAUD AND WASTE; USE SIMPLE INDEXING FOR AGE AND COLA
- EDUCATION--FOCUS ON RESULTS, & EMPLOYABILITY; REWARD GOOD TEACHERS AND REPLACE BAD ONES--FAST
- ENERGY--COMPLETE US ENERGY INDEPENDENCE FROM OUR ENEMIES…THEN WORK ON ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- HEALTH CARE--MODIFY THE ACA, CARVE OUT THE GOOD FROM THE BAD, DEFUND THE BAD
- REVERSE THE LAWS THAT CREATED AGENCIES THAT WERE UNACCOUNTABLE TO CONGRESS FOR SPENDING:
- THE CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU,
- THE INDEPENDENT PAYMENT ADVISORY BOARD.
- We were attacked (in the Gulf of Tonkin)
- I am not a crook
- Read my lips - No New Taxes
- I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinsky
- Iraq has weapons of mass destruction
- I will have the most transparent administration in history.
- The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
- I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
- The IRS is not targeting anyone.
- It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
- I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
- You didn't build that!
- I will restore trust in Government.
- The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
- The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
- It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
- Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
- We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
- I am not spying on American citizens.
- Obama Care will be good for America.
- You can keep your family doctor.
- Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
- If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
- It's just like shopping at Amazon.
- I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
- I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
- I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
- I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
- And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
- If elected I promise not to renew the Patriot Act.
- If elected I will end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 1st 9 months of my term.
- I will close Guantanamo within the first 6 months of my term.
- I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.
- "I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America."
(SOURCE UNKNOWN--Not Jeff Foxworthy which was the attribution sent to me.)
If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If an 80-year-old woman who is confined to a wheelchair or a three-year-old girl can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.